What Is Wound Healing With LED LLLT?
LED (Light Emitting Diode) Low-level Light Therapy (LLLT) is the therapeutic use of specific wavelengths of light to enhance up the proper repair function of your cells, improving and speeding up healing and regeneration of skin and body tissues. It may be used alone or to promote post-procedure healing. Because the light energy itself is very mild, there is no damage to tissue.
How Does It Work?
The treatment is non-invasive. The light heads are positioned above the treatment area. The light energy penetrates the skin and depending on the wavelength used penetrates to different depths within the tissue. The energy affects your tissue at a cellular level, speeding healing, reducing pain, alleviating muscle tightness and more.
How Long Are Treatment Sessions?
Treatment session times vary dependent on area and condition. An average treatment session lasts around 10 minutes.
Does It Hurt?
No. Patients don’t feel anything other than mild heat.
How Comfortable Are Treatments?
Treatment comfort will vary depending on procedure, device used and personal tolerances. Lutronic devices are designed to maximize your comfort during treatment.
How Long Are Healing And Down Times?
Some laser or energy-based procedures offer little or no downtime. More intensive procedures have longer downtimes of 5-7 days. Healing times can vary and depend on several factors, treatment, location, size of area treated, device used and individual. The Healite II can help to speed up the healing time of treatments. So be sure to ask your doctor if they have a Healite for your post procedure recovery.
For information on our Products and Treatments please visit our Treatments page.
HEALITE II system
- The device features up to three different wavelengths specifically chosen for their effect on cellular function.
- Treatment is non-invasive, risk free, and completely safe for all skin types.
- The device is designed to efficiently concentrate the energy for best penetration and effect.
- The wavelengths can be delivered in a specified order and exposure duration to maximize the overall effect.
- Wavelengths can be used separately or together.
- Treatment settings can be adjusted to customize therapy for the individual patient.